I am taking a long-held fantasy and turning it into a story. I’ve a clear idea of where it will go (I’ve had the fantasy for years), but who knows what will emerge as I start to write? Already one of the main characters has changed shape – at the suggestion of a friend.
Early on I was told it lacked characterisation – I hope the newer episodes and a thorough edit have helped make the major players feel a little less like cut-outs.
“Matched Pair” is a variation on a well-trodden BDSM theme, the training of submissives. I am hoping to write this with a constant eye on the principle of keeping informed consent central to all that people like us do.
Here are the first few chapters:
- The Lottery Win: Sets the scene that makes the story possible.
- The Advertisement: I was gratified that one person asked me whether this was a real Ad. Sadly I had to say no (but my correspondent probably wasn’t serious).
- The Application: How one person decided to take the plunge.
- Arrival: We meet the candidates.
- Journey: We learn a little more about the candidates. And the short list gets shorter.
- Accommodation: In which a sticky end leads to a clean beginning.
- Showers: Ballerina time
- The Basement: On modesty.
- Indelible Marker: On being properly clean
- one’s story: The first candidate opens up.
- two’s story: A woman with a practical attitude to life
- Three’s tale: A slave? Three thinks so.
- Five speaks: Tears before bedtime
- Deportment: Aids to elegant movement
- Service: In which a solution is proposed to a problem of containment.
- Blanket stitch: Some nifty sewing.
- Reward: Precious amber fluid put at risk
- Release: Someone gets to come
- Bedtime: Judgments and consensual imprisonment.
- Insomnia: Three our of four find a way to get to sleep
- A good going over: Morning inspection
Do let me know what you think.