However, my earlier “BDSM styles and relationships” survey had a question on this as well – I’ll add data from the much larger response to that survey to this blog when I have time.
I’d prefer to talk about this data as relating to multiple, rather than polyamorous or “poly” relationships, because I’d define the latter as transparent to all and mostly with respect and affection between all parties. There was no way of knowing whether this was the case or not for most of the answers.
|I am not in a relationship||36%||14%||6%|
|I have one partner ( not BDSM)||4%|
|I have one partner (BDSM)||31%||54%||67%|
|I have multiple partners and my primary relationship is BDSM||5%||13%||13%|
|I have multiple partners and my primary relationship is not BDSM||17%||11%||2%|
|I am in more than one relationship of equal status||12%||4%||13%|
- BDSM Ownership and Symbols Survey – are you owned? (belasarius.com)
- Attitudes to ownership symbols; what dominants and submissives say. (belasarius.com)
- Symbols of ownership – sadists and masochists view (belasarius.com)
- Collar wearing, what do submissives do? (belasarius.com)
- Masters and slaves: attitudes to BDSM symbols of ownership. (belasarius.com)
- Collars, and other symbols of BDSM ownership. (belasarius.com)