We say we are equal but opposite and try to create a dynamic where I lead and take responsibility and she submits, serves and I adore her for it.
It even works sometimes.
- My fear of taking all she wants to give, for fear it may be too much.
- Her wanting to shelter and support me when I am down (and my failure to let her)
- My hiding my weaknesses (on the principle that a D shouldn’t have any)
- Fearing the consequences of using something I enjoy, but she hates (but which makes the control seem real)
- Getting lazy about our rules and rituals.
- Getting comfy with who we are and not pushing on.
What have your challenges been?(Originally posted on StrangelyNormal)